Sunday, March 4, 2007

Sleep - Who needs it.

So, I sent off my post, talked to my daughter, talked to my Mom and got ready for dinner and guess what happened? Hospital calls and I have a term patient in with no labor and ruptured membranes and a preterm patient who is contracting. It is not looking good for sleep tonight. Got to find my happy place and get some energy. I think it might be a long night. Of course my term Mom with ruptured membranes doesn't go, I may get some sleep. In any event, I have a 7:30 cesarean section on Monday. Yes, I also first assist on the cesarean sections in my practice. Some midwives don't do this. I have been in practice long enough that I have repeat business with Mom's who had Midwifery care for an earlier pregnancy and then ended up with a cesarean delivery. They want midwifery care for the next and the next pregnancies so they come back to me. I do their prenatal care and then I first assist on their surgeries and round on them just as I do my vaginal deliveries. They also see me after delivery for post partum care and contraceptive counseling. It works. I get to do pre and post natal care and also help with the births. They get Midwifery care all the way around.

No comments: