Monday, November 1, 2010

Change is good

Fall has arrived and I put the flannel sheets on the bed yesterday.   When I crawled into the bed, I realized that I was really excited that it was cooler and we could use the flannel sheets.  Then I started thinking about change.  I realized that I really like it when the seasons change from the hot, hot summer to the cool fall and the leaves change colors and are so beautiful.  I realized that I really like it when the rains come and the sky is grey and soft and quiet and much of the time our home is in the clouds.  With further contemplation I realized that I also really like it when the sun is bright and shiny after grey, rainy days.  With further reflection I realized that I am charmed by the really cold clear nights when it looks like you can touch the stars, but I am comforted by the totally socked in nights when there is limited sound and light.  I also love the long, long days of summer, when the night seems to take forever to arrive.  I decided that change is good, and it is one mechanism to help us realize what an amazing world we share!  Life is good.

2 comments:

elm said...

I love all the weather change, too. But, I really love the change of scenery here on your blog, too! Love the colors and patterns... Beautious!

Midlife Midwife said...

Thanks so much. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that reads this. I do play around with the colors and that is good therapy. Change is good