Sunday, April 18, 2010

Gratitued

Last night I did a birth for a young woman. I had worked with her twice before for baby girls, this time it was a boy. They had decided that this would be their last. After the baby was born and had nursed, been bathed and the room cleaned. The big sisters came to the hospital with Grandpa to see their new baby brother. It was neat to see them hold the baby and interact with their new baby brother. There was joy and talking and laughing. Life was good. Then to top it off, Grandpa came up to me and gave me a big hug and said "Thank you for helping my daughter with her babies. I know this is the last grandchild we will have from her. You did a great job." I was so proud, I could have popped my buttons had I been wearing any. It was really nice to be recognized for my contribution to starting an awesome family.

No comments: