Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving planning

Today we talked with our daughter up north and we made plans for our Thanksgiving Feast!! I am so excited to be able to spend some time with she and her husband. We will do cooking and eating and play games and laugh and be silly and with any luck at all a great time will be had by all. On Friday the tentative plan is to go to the coast and walk on the beach (if the weather cooperates). I am so hopeful as walking on the beach is a wonderfully relaxing and health giving activity.

2 comments:

HBKiwi said...

Yeay for the coast! Here's hoping the weather holds! Can't wait to see you. Love you!

elm said...

Oh, the coast... I am missing the coast. It has been quite some time since we have been. Did you get to go and walk on the beach and feel the sea mist?!?!! I hope that you enjoyed your visit with your daughter and son-in-law! I am curious as to what you had for your feast!! I grew up thinking that everyone had the same feast that my family had because everywhere we went the same things were eaten... with a few exceptions here and there. Then, I met my husband and joined HIS family for Thanksgiving! What a shock for my first Thanksgiving away from home!!! There was no southern sweet potato casserole, no delicious corn casserole, no broccoli and rice casserole, no oyster dressing (although, admittedly not MY favorite!), no brown and serve rolls, and a dessert selection that included more than the standard pumpkin or pecan pie!!

Oh, well... the visit was fun none-the-less and now I bring the dishes that are must haves for me if we go visit that side of the family. Strangely, they now are sad when I am not there to bring my favorites!! Great-Grandpa had Great-Grandma call a few years ago to get my recipes since we weren't traveling and he didn't want the feast without my dishes!! HA HA!!