Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting. . . .

Today started early, and rainy.  I had OB/GYN staff meeting at 0730.  I also had 2 people in labor and loads of people to see at the office.  Got the people in the hospital settled and went to the office.  Went back to the hospital to help with epidural placement.  Went back to the office and saw patients.  Had a multip (more than the first baby) come in obviously in early labor.  Sent her home to walk with instructions to come in when contractions are harder and more regular.  She returned to the hospital while I was delivering the first of my ladies.  She was admitted.  While she was laboring down in preparation for pushing, I had a young woman walk in who was far to early to be delivering, but she was obviously in labor.  Got the team here from another city to take care of the baby, started pitocin and am awaiting the delivery.  In the mean time the laboring down Mom got ready to deliver and so we did deliver.  Still I am waiting for the very early baby.  I now also have two other ladies in labor and a cesarean delivery for lunch time tomorrow.   Hurry up and wait, Hurry, Hurry, Hurry Oh yea, wait, wait wait.  At least the office for tomorrow - later today is not too bad.  AND it is still rainy.

1 comment:

elm said...

Chuckling. "Waiting..." I keep checking, patiently, hoping that you will have fun to post, or groans to vent.

My yesterday was rainy and turned to snow... a bit damp feeling all day. I have had too many late nights and early mornings... but mostly my own demise. Writing for National Novel Writing Month (what was I thinking - no plan, just go? Dumb. But, the story will be strange and weird and complete and I can say I wrote a novel!) whether or not I edit it to make it worthwhile will be a whole other thing...

Kids are growing, learning, playing and good. Little guy is getting too big for his britches - quite literally! I cannot believe that he will be TWO later this month!! Miss you...