Saturday, November 22, 2008

On Call

I am on call this weekend and as usual behind in my paper charting. One of the items that never gets talked about in school the the overwhelming amount of charting that goes on for every patient. We document phone calls, we document in person visits, we document and document and document. It really gets old, because it takes time. My schedule is such that I am on call 2 days on, 2 days off, 3 days on (the weekend) then 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off (the weekend). Therefore, I am making an attempt to only bring stuff home to do every other weekend (the ones when I am on call). I always feel like I am just barely treading water to keep up. Alas, that is the way it goes - so back to charting.

1 comment:

HBKiwi said...

Blargh. Someday you can be retired and lead a life of leisure! At least you have a mini vacation coming up! See you soon. Love you!