Sunday, November 30, 2008

Family, Fun, Feasting = Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful holiday. We were invited to our daughter's home for Thanksgiving and we took the 3 hour drive up to their home after I got off work on Wednesday. We took them out for dinner that night. On Thursday, we got up and got to it! We had much work to do and we all pitched in and created a wonderful feast! We enjoyed working together to create our feast and then enjoyed eating our feast. It was marvelous to be together and have a great time creating a feast. We did everything from scratch and it makes me so proud that I am able to pass that knowledge on to my children and that they were receptive to learning about the art of cooking and creating. We stuffed ourselves and then we went for a walk to settle our dinners. Upon our return home we had pie and conversation. Then it was off to bed as Friday was a high stress day! We shopped for wedding dress fabric and were successful with that. I'm so pleased with what she chose. She will be a beautiful bride. Friday evening we had left overs and then pie, port, and chocolate. Fat and Happy pretty much describes all of us. Saturday the party started to dissolve and people returned to their own homes. All in all it was a wonderful holiday and as usual there is much for me to be thankful for and I am reminded how very blessed I am with my family, my health, and my life.

1 comment:

HBKiwi said...

we had a great time too! Thanks for all the fun! I miss you already. Love you!!!