Friday, April 4, 2008

Back to work

I put myself back on call for non hospital related stuff on Wednesday. So far it hasn't been bad. My midwife partner is quickly burning out and I thought that if I could give her a bit of a rest, she would appreciate a break. I start back at the office on half days, on Monday morning 4/7. As I am working with clients on the phone and using the electronic medical records, it is starting to feel like I can successfully go back to work. I really didn't miss the psychic drag of dealing with other peoples problems and I have loved the time with my husband. If only there was a way to maintain my current standard of living without working - hum this is the issue for most of us though. As I return to work I am going to valiantly try to maintain my autonomy and not be consumed by the work. I do want to continue to do a good job and to continue to be admired/desired by my clients but I don't want to be tired all the time and have no life outside of work. This is a new juggling act to learn as prior to this point I just dedicated myself totally to my work. Now, I want to have a good relationship with my husband and I have to maintain my body to keep my knee flexible and strong and this requires time and energy. I'll have to work this thru. Today it seems like I can do it, we will see what Monday brings.

1 comment:

OhMama said...

I think it's gonna take a REALLY long time for women to stop demanding c-sections. I guess we just have to try and educate one woman at a time!